Starting this summer and fall, Candler students will have a new option in University housing—Campus Crossings at Briarcliff. Campus Crossings will open for all Emory grad students on June 1, 2009. That means Candler people will be able to live in a community with other Emory law, public health, nursing, medicine, business, and arts & sciences students in a private community specifically designed for graduate students.
Campus Crossings is a private company that has contracted to be the exclusive provider of graduate housing for all of Emory University. Campus Crossings is situated about a mile from Candler’s end of the Emory campus, located on a free Emory shuttle route. All of the units are fully (and nicely) furnished and they are actually hiring students to work as “Keystones” to work a maximum of 20 hours a week. (It’s unclear what the level of compensation is, but check out their site if you’re looking for a job).
· 11 floor plans from which to choose or 1-, 2-, and 3-bedrooms units, ranging from $590-1050 per month per person (a 2 bed, 2 bath unit is shown right)
· Amenities on the property include pool and courtyard, fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, roommate matching service, free (alternative-fueled) Cliff shuttle to Emory, and a recycling center.
· Amenities in each apartment include private bedroom and private bath for every resident, high speed internet, full-sized kitchen, washer and dryer included, ceiling fans, and generous closet space.
· Multiple payment options, including automatic deductions from a bank account or autopay to a credit card.
· EarthCraft “Green” buildings, meaning the property was developed and operates in an environmentally friendly manner.
· You can actually see them finishing the construction via their live construction-cam!
So check out the new Campus Crossings at Briarcliff website for many more details. It’s another great housing option for Candler students.