Veteran's Administration "Yellow Ribbon" Financial Aid Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program is a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Candler School of Theology at Emory University has agreed to participate in the program starting for the 2010-2011 academic year. Candler will provide a maximum of four $8,550 scholarships to eligible MDiv, MTS, and ThM students. All scholarships will be awarded based on a first come, first served basis (described below). These awards will be matched by the Veterans Administration with an additional $8,550 for each qualifying student. All Yellow Ribbon awards are based on Post 9/11 Veterans eligibility requirements established by the Veterans Administration and are not need-based. For more details go to the Registrar's Website.
To be considered for Candler School of Theology¿s Yellow Ribbon Program award, you must first be admitted/deposited to a degree seeking program at the Candler School of Theology or be currently enrolled in a degree seeking program full-time.
Yellow Ribbon applicants may submit either a copy of their VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or the internal Emory Yellow Ribbon Eligibility Form found on Candler¿s website beginning on the date as indicated by Emory University¿s official announcement of participation.
- Students must first be admitted and deposited to Candler School of Theology or currently enrolled in good academic standing.
- Forms may be submitted in-person,by mail, and scanned via email to the Candler School of Theology Admissions Office according to the guidelines below. The Candler Office of Admissions will confirm receipt of the form via e-mail to the applicant. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the form was received by the Candler School of Theology Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Any forms received prior to the announcement date will be date-stamped as having been received on the announcement date and prioritized by earliest date of acceptance to Candler School of Theology
- Any forms received after that announcement date will be date-stamped on the date received by the Candler Admissions Office. Multiple forms received on the same date will be prioritized by earliest date of acceptance to Candler School of Theology.
- If further prioritization is needed, random selection will be used.
- Forms submitted to departments other than Candler Admissions will not be considered.
- Eligibility will be determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs. In the event that a Yellow Ribbon applicant is found not eligible for VA Funds, the available award will be given to the next person on the prioritized list.
- 2010 Participation Level: Four awards are available and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis based on the date of receipt of the applicant's COE or the Candler Yellow Ribbon Eligibility Form.
- Candler School of Theology Yellow Ribbon participation in subsequent years will be determined by VA approval and/or the availability of funding and is not guaranteed.
All questions and forms can be directed to:
Lisa V. Parker
Financial Aid Advisor
Candler School of Theology
1531 Dickey Drive
Atlanta, GA 30322
Admissions Questions? Email us
Financial Aid Questions? Email us