Dr. Steven Michael Tipton, Charles Howard Candler Professor of Sociology of Religion
Dr. Tipton is currently working on the institutional logics of American religion and politics, and the sociology of morality.
Dr. Steven Michael Tipton
Candler School of Theology
1531 Dickey Dr.
Atlanta, GA 30322
- PhD, Harvard University, 1979
- BA, Stanford University, 1968
- Public Pulpits: Methodists and Mainline Churches in the Moral Argument of Public Life (University of Chicago Press, 2008)
- The Good Society (Alfred A. Knopf, 1992), co-author
- Habits of the Heart: Individualism and Commitment in American Life (University of California Press, 1985), co-author
- Getting Saved from the Sixties: Moral Meaning in Conversion and Cultural Change (University of California Press, 1982)
Other Emory Affiliations