Hospitality Suite Reservation for Candler Faculty and Staff
- Outside window wall with plenty of natural light
- Granite-topped buffet at each end of the room
- Cherry-wood, folding-top, configurable executive tables (8)
- Padded executive chairs (20)
- Full-equipped as a technology smart room
- Adjacent kitchen
- Regular hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
The standard set for the room
- 8 conference tables configured in a rectangle with an open center
- 20 chairs placed around the outside of the rectangle
The room may be re-configured to meet the need of the hosting organization.
- Tables have folding tops for easy storage in the 5th floor workroom.
- Room comfortably holds 4, 60” round tables and 32 folding chairs.
- Both the round tables and folding chairs may be ordered from Emory’s Campus Services Department through the Events Office. Place the order on the event submission form on the planning calendar.
Suite Access After-Hours Weekdays and Weekends:
- A suite key must be ordered from Candler’s Faculty Support suite, Room 355, for weekend and after-hours events. Event organizer must call Brenda Roberts, Manager, Faculty Development and Support Services, 404-727-2457 to place the order no later than two weeks prior to the event date. Ms. Roberts will confirm the order via email.
- The key can be picked-up the day of the event or on Friday for a weekend event and returned the following day or on Monday after weekend use of the suite.
- Hosts are responsible for locking the Dean’s Suite for events hosted after hours or on weekends.
Events Serving Food:
The Dean’s Hospitality Suite is the only room in Candler where custodial work orders are required for events at which food is served (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks). All hosts are required to place the custodial work order request in the “Submitter Request for Additional Services” field of the planning calendar (Trumba) form. The Events Office will place the work order on your behalf.
- A smart key number is required and will be charged for the time it takes to perform the duties at the rate of $29.96/hour.
- For instance, if it only takes 15 minutes, the smart key will be charged for a quarter hour.
- To track charges go to http://www.fm.emory.edu; click on “Services”; select “customer services” then “work services” then “invoices”. Follow the prompts from there and enter your smart key number to see charges.
Weekend Reservation and Use of Candler Space:
Groups reserving the Dean’s Hospitality Suite (room 517) over a weekend will be charged for custodial service for each day space is reserved. A smart key number is required in advance for the space to be reserved. Custodial fees will be billed directly to the smart key number.
- From 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. on Friday, custodial service charges are $29.96/hour and are based on the actual time worked.
- From Friday at 10:30 p.m. – Monday at 8:00 a.m., the custodial service charge starts with a 4-hour minimum at the over-time rate of $39.00 per hour or $156. If more than 4 hours is required for service, then charges will be based on the actual time worked at $39.00/hour.
You will provide a Smart Key number to which custodial fees will be charged.
To reserve the Candler Hospitality Suite, please submit the Hospitality Suite Reservation Form for Candler Faculty and Staff.