Candler Space Reservation Policy
Candler faculty and staff reserve event and meeting space at Candler or Cannon Chapel using a R25 Web Viewer account. All academic-related space requests go to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The R25 Web Viewer account allows viewing of available space at Candler and Cannon Chapel as well as submission of requests for reserving that space.
- Using the R25 account eliminates the need for phone calls and multiple emails to the R25 Administrator in order to book space.
Space Available for Booking:
- Candler School of Theology Rooms: 250, 252, 257, 322, 401, 411, 421, 426, 447, 501, and 549.
- Room 102, “The Commons” is reserved using R25 and is managed by Emory’s Center for Ethics therefore allow more processing time when requesting this space.
- Room 517 – The Dean’s Hospitality Suite is not on the R25 Web Viewer listing. Instructions for booking this space may be found in the Faculty and Staff section of the Events Office website.
- Room 320 - The 3rd floor conference room inside the Office of Student Programming is administered by the Admissions office and is not on the R25 Web Viewer listing. To book Room 320 please email email@example.com.
Room 320 may be booked for the work of the following groups:
- Office of Student Programming including all academic support programs
- Admissions Office
- Financial Aid Office
- Denominational visitors such as United Methodist boards of ministry and cabinet visit, chaplaincy groups, etc.
- Candler’s Advisory Boards
- Faculty and Staff
- C3 Executive Board
- The space may not be booked for the following:
- Classes or breakout sessions
- General student organization meetings
- Cannon Chapel rooms during regular business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am- 5:00pm): 106, 312, 314, the Formal Lounge, and Brooks Commons.
- For Cannon Chapel space requests after regular business hours, weekends, or for Cannon Chapel Sanctuary please email Sonja Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
R25 Web Viewer Account Information:
- Establish an Account
An R25 Web Viewer account can be established for Candler faculty, staff, and certain student officers.
- Accounts may be established by contacting the R25 Administrator (email@example.com ). A username and password will be created for the requestor.
- Access Your Account
- Please save the R25 Web Viewer link below as a favorite on your computer: http://r25pweb01.cc.emory.edu/Theology
- Open the R25 Web Viewer link to view room availability at Candler and Cannon Chapel.
- View the space specifications including maximum capacity, and chair and table inventory by clicking on the space number in the left navigation bar on the R25 Web Viewer.
- Determine the room that fits the event being planned and confirm its availability (white bars = available; blue bars = already reserved).
- Submit a Space Reservation
- Click on the “My Requests” tab in the top, grey navigation bar to log-on to your account.
- Always use lower case letters for both ID and password
- Using the "Request an Event" form presented, place your space reservation.
- Required fields are in red.
- Do not use “special characters” in the “event name” field
- The “Event Type” will always be “activity” because class-related space reservations are made by contacting the Candler Registrar’s Office ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Choose the appropriate sponsoring organization
- If an event reoccurs throughout the academic year, create reservations by semester. Refer to booking timelines for processing dates.
- When creating a repeating event, record the initial event date in both start and end date fields and record the event beginning and end times, then select the repeat option.
- If an event happens on multiple days and each day has a different start and end time. Submit a request for each day separately.
- Please choose an available space. Only use the “Other” option if you are requesting multiple rooms.
- Once the request is submitted a “pending confirmation” email is sent to the requestor by the system.
- The space is not considered booked until the Candler R25 Administrator has approved the pending reservation and sent the requestor a final “confirmation” email with the Space Reservation Summary attached.
- Always open and review the Space Reservation Summary attachment to verify the reservation is correct.
- If the pending or confirmation e-mail has been misplaced go into the R25 account to view all reservation requests that have been placed.
- Go to the “Pending” tab for events that are not yet confirmed.
- Go to the “Approved” tab for events that have been confirmed.
- If changes to a space reservation need to be made:
- Send the pending e-mail or confirmation e-mail back to the R25 Administrator along with a detailed message explaining the changes that need to be made.
- To request a change or cancellation on a misplaced reservation go to the “Pending” or “Approved” tab to find the event.
- Click on the event title. Another window will appear.
- Copy and paste the reference number into the subject line in the e-mail sent to the R25 Administrator.
- The R25 Administrator will approve new request and cancel old.
- A new confirmation e-mail will be sent to the requestor after the changes have been made.
- If cancellation to a space reservation needs to be made:
- Send the reservation confirmation email to the R25 Administrator with a message asking for the reservation to be cancelled.
- You will receive an e-mail showing the cancellation on the space.
- Address questions or problems by calling the R25 Administrator, Alex Martinez, at 404.727.1663.